As Seen on CBS!
Doctor Merriman provides her expert opinion on the dental implant process…
Dental implants are an excellent way to regain the beauty, function and vitality of your smile and have long term comfort with confidence.
Reasons for Dental Implants
Replacement of missing teeth
To support and anchor dentures
Benefits of Implants
- Are the next best thing to healthy, natural teeth.
- Are built to last.
- Are a long-term solution.
- Help you enjoy life without worrying about your teeth!
- Retain your natural face shape, and smile.
- Protect healthy bone.
- Keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup.
- Help your speech.
- Keep teeth in place – silently.
- Allow you to eat your favorite foods!
- Do not get cavities.
- Protect your healthy teeth by avoiding bridges that use the adjacent teeth for support.
- Are more predictable than other repair and restoration methods.
The Components of a Dental Implant:
Dental Implant – A cylindrical or tapered post, usually made of titanium, that serves as a substitute for the tooth root
Abutment – A connector, placed on, or built into, the top of the dental implant, to connect the implant to the replacement tooth or teeth
Crown – A replacement tooth, custom made to match your natural teeth
Types of Implants
Single Implants Multiple Implants Full Arch Implants
(replace single teeth) (replace multiple teeth) (replace all upper or lower teeth)
Like anything else, the success of your implants will be determined by the skill, knowledge and expertise with which they are planned. That is our specialty.